- Tamiya 1/35 Sdkfz7/1 with figures from Miniart. I used an Eduard detail set and Verlinden resin stowage. The snow is a mix of Woodland Scenic’s and Vallejo.
- The Scrapyard. Revell 1/24 scale VW Van rusted using the hairspray technique and various oil paint washes. I used car parts from the spares box and scratch built the office and shelving. The McDonalds wrappers and general rubbish was downloaded from Pinterest and printed off and glued down with diluted Matt varnish sprayed from an atomiser. The grasses and ivy were from Presipi in Italy and leaf scatter was dried herbs
- Airfix 1/600 scale HMS Ark Royal.. made out of the box for a magazine article . The seascape is made from acrylic bath sealant formed into waves with an artists pallet knife and painted with Tamiya acrylics. The bow waves are made from nylon cushion stuffing held down with Winsor and Newton Galleria Gloss Varnish
- Flower Class Corvette. The Revell 1/144 scale kit improved with 5 Eduard detail kits and self adhesive wooden deck. Again the seascape was acrylic bath sealant and nylon cushion stuffing.
- Weymouth Lifeboat. The Airfix RNLI kit in 1/72 scale. The quayside is carved from blue foam and the still water was painted with Tamiya acrylic paint and glossed with Winsor and Newton Galleria Gloss Varnish. This model was donated to the Weymouth lifeboat station to raise funds for the RNLI.
- Cromwell. The Airfix 1/76 scale Cromwell. Painted in Vallejo Acrylics and weathered with oil washes. The groundwork is made from blue foam covered in sand and gravel and painted in Humbrol enamels. The wall was made from blue foam and plastic card.
- Routemaster. Revell’s 1/24 scale London Bus painted entirely in Tamiya acrylics. The kit was made for a magazine article and was given away in a readers competition .
The Work of Solent Model
A lot of time
Read the history………..
1:35 1:24 1:600 1:144 :172 1:76 1:24
Read the history……….